Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ST. LOUIS — The St. Louis Blues
laiyongcai92 Offline

Jan 2019
#1 ST. LOUIS — The St. Louis Blues
will have a decidedly new look when the puck drops on the team’s season opener as it hosts the Winnipeg Jets on Thursday night.The Blues are going with a youth movement as prospects Robert Thomas http://www.officialkings.com/authentic-a...llo-jersey , Jordan Kyrou and Sammy Blais all made the roster. Blais is the old man of the group at age 22. Thomas, regarded as one of the Blues’ top prospects, is 19 and Kyrou is 20.What they lack for in experience, St. Louis hopes they make up for in skill.Article continues below ...Blais, who played in 11 games last season, scored a team-high four preseason goals.“It’s a great feeling,” Blais told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. “This year I just wanted to stay here all year and keep working hard and do what I did during the preseason.”Thomas had a goal and three assists in the preseason.“It’s obviously tough when coming in, with the environment and everything, and some pressure on you Womens Anze Kopitar Jersey ,” Thomas told the Post-Dispatch. “Whenever you’re trying to make a team, you always focus on stuff, (but) sometimes it’s just better to relax and have fun each day.”Kyrou scored a goal and an assist in the preseason opener in Dallas on Sept. 18. He added two more assists to cement a roster spot.“I just feel a lot more comfortable out there (this year),” Kyrou told the Post-Dispatch. “My speed is a big factor, so I really feel like I can skate out there, create a lot of opportunities.”The trio joins veterans Pat Maroon, Ryan O’Reilly and David Perron as newcomers. All six players start the season as part of the Blues’ top 12 forwards.The Blues start the season with no reserve forwards and will carry nine defensemen, two more than usual. The team elected to go with the extra defensemen as Robert Bortuzzo will serve the final game of a three-game suspension against the Jets and Joel Edmundson is dealing with a groin injury.The Blues and Jets split their four games last season, with each team winning one and losing one on home ice.After a 114-point season and a second-place finish in the rugged Central Division Authentic Derek Forbort Jersey Kids , the Jets are dealing with high expectations. ESPN ranked the Jets No. 1 in its preseason power rankings and nine of Sportsnet’s NHL Insiders predicted that the team will win the Stanley Cup this season.Jets coach Paul Maurice said the team isn’t interested in what others are saying.“They all have a really good understanding of the value of a prediction,” Maurice told NHL.com. “We don’t want to downplay it. Go through the list and find one that was picked first, won the Presidents (Trophy) and won the Cup. Right, there’s a bunch of good teams at the top and there’s a bunch of really good teams that miss the playoffs. It happens every year. And you don’t want to be that team, right? You want to be that team over the course of the year that gets stronger and gets better.“We believe we have enough talent now to be a good team but an understanding that maybe that’s a smaller fraction of the whole pie that goes into having a year like last year.” MONTREAL (AP) — The Carolina Hurricanes allowed more than twice as many shots on goal as they took, but Curtis McElhinney more than made up for it.McElhinney stopped 48 shots and Carolina beat the Canadiens 2-1 on Tuesday night in Shea Weber’s return from injury for Montreal.Victor Rask and Trevor van Riemsdyk scored for the Hurricanes, who have won four of five.“We just all kind of jumped on (McElhinney) back there,” van Riemsdyk said. “He made some special saves. He stole that one for us. He’s great to play in front of. He’s so calm.”McElhinney, who’s emerging as the top goaltender in Carolina Youth Dion Phaneuf Jersey , made 21 saves in the third period alone for his fourth straight victory.“Things are rolling for myself personally,” McElhinney said. “I feel great personally. We got a couple of lucky breaks and that’s the way it goes sometimes.“It’s nice to be busy. Obviously we don’t want to be giving up 48 shots but I felt good in there.”Phillip Danault scored for the Canadiens, who extended their losing streak to five games. Carey Price made 20 saves.Montreal outshot Carolina 49-22, but its scoring woes continued. The Canadiens have seven goals in their past four games.Weber played in his first game since Dec. 16, 2017, and it was his first time wearing the captain’s “C” on his Montreal sweater.“Definitely felt better as the game went on,” Weber said. “I think it’s going to keep getting better as we go here. Obviously practice is different, so being in those actual situations where you have to react, and things are happening quickly Drew Doughty Jersey , will be good as we go.“Was nervous before the game and anxious to get my first shift out of the way.”The 33-year-old defenseman missed 73 games after having two surgeries — one on his right knee and another to repair a torn tendon in his left foot.Weber assisted on Montreal’s goal and had three shots in more than 24 minutes of ice time.“You notice him all over the ice,” Brendan Gallagher said. “The amount of time we spent in our own zone was definitely less. His presence in front of our net was seen as well. And his shot. … He’s the leader of our group so it’s good to have him back.”Carolina jumped out to a 1-0 lead at 7:45 of the first period when Rask deflected a shot by Jaccob Slavin past Price for his first goal of the season. The Hurricanes improved to 9-2-0 when scoring first.Carolina scored again with 8:01 left in the second period on another deflection. Van Riemsdyk’s shot went off Victor Mete’s skate and in.Danault got one back for the Canadiens at 9:29 of the third period. After a shot from Weber fell to Artturi Lehkonen, the Finnish winger found Danault in the slot for his second goal of the year.Down 2-1, Max Domi hit the post with 1:41 left in the game.NOTES: Carolina’s Jake Bean made his NHL debut. … To make room for Weber’s return, D Karl Alzner was put on waivers and then assigned to the American Hockey League’s Laval Rocket.UP NEXTHurricanes: Host Anaheim on Friday.Canadiens: Continue their five-game homestand, hosting the New York Rangers on Saturday.
03-14-2019 02:37 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  ST. LOUIS (AP) Jaden Schwartz and the St. Louis Blues laiyongcai92 0 12 03-14-2019 02:14 AM
Last Post: laiyongcai92
  ST. LOUIS (AP) — Austin Gomber learned plenty about pressure laiyongcai92 0 60 01-17-2019 05:02 AM
Last Post: laiyongcai92