Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Defending champion
shushu Offline

Jan 2019
#1 Defending champion
Ahead of Red Monday, we look at how red has predominantly been the colour of success in English football since 1889... Liverpool and Manchester United go head-to-head on Monday Night Football, when red flags, scarves and replica jerseys will be on display in both the home and away sections. The pair have won 38 English titles between them - contributing to the perception that red shirts equal success in football. Indeed, a remarkable 44.7 per cent of title-winning clubs have worn red home shirts since 1889, according to a Sky Sports study. As well as Liverpool and United, Arsenal and Nottingham Forest have also taken the crown while wearing predominantly red home shirts, while Sunderland have been the top club on six occasions in their red and white stripes. Watch NOW TV Watch Sky Sports for £6.99 - no contract The second-most successful shirt colour is blue (25 per cent) - as worn by last seasons champions Leicester City - while white (20 per cent) has also been regularly associated with Englands title winners. Burnley and Aston Villas past successes mean claret has been the colour of the champions (five per cent), as has Wolves gold (three per cent) and Newcastle Uniteds black (two per cent). Its not a home colour of choice for any leading team these days but Everton won the 1890/91 First Division with an all-salmon shirt, before switching to their famous blue! So does a red kit have an impact on the teams wearing them - and the opponents they face? Former Liverpool boss Bill Shankly certainly thought so.He said red for danger, red for power, ahead of Liverpool changing their traditionally white shorts to red in 1964 - a quote referenced on the Reds current third kit.Former Kop striker Ian St John recalled in his autobiography: Shankly thought the colour scheme would carry psychological impact. He came into the dressing room one day and threw a pair of red shorts to Ronnie Yeats. Get into those shorts and lets see how you look, he said. Ronnie, you look awesome, terrifying. You look 7ft tall.For this study we counted home shirts only, as displayed on historicalkits.co.uk. Also See: Liverpool v Man Utd top 50 Your clubs bogeyman is... Saucony Scontate Online . The same cant be said of last Saturdays 2-2 draw at Olympic Stadium against a very weakened New York Red Bulls side and one which had three stalwarts in Henry, Cahill and Olave back home in Harrison, NJ. Saucony Saldi Online . The No. 5 Aztecs held Burton, the Mountain Wests leading scorer, to 11 points, 10 below his average, in beating the Wolf Pack 73-58 on Saturday night. http://www.sauconyscontate.it/ . -- Navy football player Will McKamey, who has been hospitalized since collapsing at practice three days ago, has died while in a coma. Saucony Scontate Uomo .Y. -- That hangover from the Big East tournament is gone for Villanova. Saucony Scontate . Donald Young lost in straight sets to Israels Dudi Sela 6-3, 6-0. Querrey, ranked No. 61, is the second-highest ranked American, ahead of Johnson (64).YANGMEI, Taiwan - Defending champion Suzann Pettersen struggled with three early bogeys but recovered for a 1-over 73 Saturday to maintain a four-shot lead after the third round of the Sunrise Championship. The Norwegian dropped three shots over the first five holes but had three birdies and just one more bogey the rest of the way for a 6-under total of 210. The trio of Azahara Munoz, Sun Young Yoo and Carlota Ciganda were four shots back heading into the final round. One of Pettersens bogeys came on the par-3 second, which she aced on Friday. "On the second, I kind of made a little amateur mistake trying to get too cute on the tee ball and left myself with a very tough up and down," Pettersen said. "I just couldnt get it going and made a few errors. Today was a tough day for me. It was all about hanging in there and trying to bring it back to where I started." Pettersen birdied par-5s on the eighth and 13th before another bogey at the 17th. She finished off with a birdie on 18 for a three-day total of 6-under. "I coould easily have lost it out there today," Pettersen said.dddddddddddd. "It was — you know, some days are easy, some days are not that easy, some of the times you see everything youre going to do right in front of you. Munoz shot a 69 at the Sunrise Golf and Country Club to climb up the leaderboard, while Yoo and Ciganda both shot 72. Munoz has just one top-10 finish on the LPGA Tour this year, but won a Ladies European Tour event in France in September. "Its fun finally being in contention and being in one of either the leading group or second leading groups," said Munoz, who was second in Taiwan in 2011. Im just going to go out there and keep playing like I am." After her poor start, Pettersen recovered with birdies on No. 8 and 13 before three-putting for another bogey on 17. But she finished with a birdie to carry a bit of momentum into Sunday. "I could easily have lost it out there today," Pettersen said. "Obviously nice to finish on a good note. This is far from over." Wholesale Hoodies NFL Shirts Outlet Jerseys NFL Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '
02-13-2019 11:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply